Wearing and caring for your contact lenses amid COVID-19
With the significant attention surrounding COVID-19, now more than ever, we are committed to the health and wellness of our global community and want to remind you of the steps you should take to ensure you are safely wearing and caring for your contact lenses.
Wearing contact lenses can have many benefits, and when cared for properly, can provide a comfortable and convenient way to work, play, and live for the approximately 140 million people who wear them globally.
- There is currently no scientific evidence that would prevent contact lenses from being safely worn during this pandemic. Read more
It is important to follow the recommendation of your eye care professional as well as the instructions for use of your contact lenses and lens care products.
Here are a few important reminders on contact lens wear and care:
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap, rinse completely and dry before inserting or removing your contact lenses.
- If solutions are required, use them appropriately and carefully follow the product’s instructions for use.
- Following removal of contact lenses, you should adhere to the lens care regimen recommended by your eye care practitioner.
- Rub and rinse contact lenses with contact lens disinfecting solution—never water or saliva—to clean them each time they are removed.
- Lens cases should be emptied and rinsed with a contact lens cleaning solution and allowed to air dry each time contact lenses are removed from it.
- Replace your lens case at least every three months, or as directed by your eye care practitioner
- Replace contact lenses as often as recommended by your eye care professional.